Influenza vaccines are funded under the National Immunisation Program for the following groups due to their increased risk
of complications from influenza:
- all children from 6 months to
- less than 5 years of age
- all adults aged 65 years and older
- pregnant women
- all Aboriginal and Torres
- Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- individuals aged 6 months and older with medical conditions which increase the risk of influenza disease
- complications (for a full list go to NCIRS Influenza Vaccines Fact Sheet).
- All other individuals not included in the categories above can purchase the vaccine from their doctor.
Clarendon Medical Centre charges $15 per injection for people who do not meet the criteria and subject to the Doctor’s recommendation.